When you start a blog, the #1 question comes to your mind is: What should I blog about? Finding interesting topics to blog about is tough, you need to brainstorm for excellent blog post ideas.
But even if you found a good post idea one day, the next day can be more challenging.
Coming up with amazing blog ideas every day is tough. You need to constantly brainstorm for ideas worth writing about. And if you are brainstorming for new blog post ideas every day, this is the worst thing you can do.
Because brainstorming takes time, and if you are spending time in the hunt for new blog post ideas every day, you are wasting time.
Instead, you could brainstorm for a list of great blog post ideas one day, and save it into your to-do list of “Topics to Write About”.
Having a list of blog topic ideas ready beforehand is good. Because, that way, you’ll save a lot of time.
And since you’ll already be knowing what is the next topic you need to write about, it would be very productive as well.
How to Come Up with Interesting Topics to Write About?
- How to Come Up with Interesting Topics to Write About?
- 17 Proven Ways to Come up with New Blog Post Ideas in Few Minutes
- 1. Find Blog Post Ideas from Quora
- 2. Get New Blog Post Ideas by Asking your Audience
- 3. Find Next Blog Post Ideas in Comments Section
- 4. Pay Attention to your DMs for Upcoming Blog Post Idea
- 5. Browse Facebook Groups for Your Next Blog Post Idea
- 6. Find Viral Blog Post Ideas using Buzzsumo
- 7. Ethically Steal Blog Post Ideas from your Competitors’ Keyword
- 8. Interview an Expert for Your Next Blog Post
- 9. Create Influencer Round-Up in Your Next Blog Post
- 10. Perform Keyword Research to Find More Blog Post Ideas
- 11. Look for Blog Post Ideas within your Previous Blog Posts
- 12. Updating Your Outdated Articles will Provide New Blog Post Ideas
- 13. Cover an Industry Update or News in Your Latest Blog Post
- 14. Use Google Auto-Complete to Find Blog Post Ideas Based on Popular Queries
- 15. Generate Blog Post Ideas using Blog Topic Generators
- 16. Share Your Personal Story or Case Study in Next Blog Post
- 17. Get Blog Post Ideas Using Tools to Find Big List of Questions
- What If You Still Can’t Find New Blog Post Ideas and Topics to Write About?
- 111+ Blog Post Ideas and Topics to Write About
- How to Never Run Out of Blog Post Topics to Write About?
Are you struggling to find great blog post ideas?
Constantly thinking about new blog post topics can be difficult sometimes. That’s when you need to look at other sources for inspiration on topics to write about.
There are multiple places you can find some good blog post ideas, but here are some of my favourites:
- Look for new blog post ideas in your blogging niche related forums as many people are discussing topics of their concern
- Go to question & answer communities like Quora, as many people are asking questions on Quora every day. See if you can create something to help solve their problem with a blog post.
- Visit other websites/blogs of your choice. See which content is popular. Create a similar blog post which is even better than that.
- Go to Pinterest. It has got boards in almost every niche. Find the popular boards in your blogging niche. You’ll definitely get some blog post ideas for inspiration.
While following the above-mentioned steps can definitely help you come up with inspiration for your next blog post, you certainly can’t be limited to these few sources only, right?
That’s why here I’m listing out 17 tried and tested methods to come up with new blog post ideas.
17 Proven Ways to Come up with New Blog Post Ideas in Few Minutes
I can feel how frustrating it is when you want to publish a new blog post and end up wasting hours to come up with a single good idea for the next blog post.
Isn’t It? This is more common than you think. After a certain amount of time, you will see yourself running out of fresh content ideas.
But I’ve got you covered.
Here, I will share with you 17 tried and tested ways to come up with endless content ideas for your next blog post. And the good thing is that these methods to find blog post ideas is proven to work.
Putting these methods to work will ensure that you never run out of fresh blog post ideas again.
So, let’s get the show on the road.
1. Find Blog Post Ideas from Quora
Quora is really so useful for bloggers. It doesn’t only help you find content ideas, but also you can build authority and drive quality traffic using Quora.
Quora is a question and answer community website with millions of active users where you can ask or answer questions. So, your audience also exists there.
You can easily create an account using an email ID and set up your account. While setting up your account, it’ll ask you to choose your interests so that it may show your personalized content based upon your interests.
Once you are done with that, now search your topic here.
You can see many questions in your niche on which you can write a complete blog post. For example, I searched Blogging and this topic is followed by over a million users.
Moreover, you can also join relevant Quora spaces and interact in those spaces. If you are wondering what the heck I’m talking about, then let me tell you, these Quora spaces are communities of specific people just like Facebook groups.
2. Get New Blog Post Ideas by Asking your Audience
If you already have some amount of blog readers or any sort of audiences on other platforms as well, then what is stopping you to directly ask them which blog post topic your audience wants you to cover?
As you’re ultimately creating content for your audience, whom you want to turn into customers, so asking them what they want to read is a perfect way to come up with your next blog post idea.
It is as simple as that.
And what’s even more exciting is that it is a great way to come up with blog post ideas that are guaranteed to be loved by your audience.
Simply, shoot an email or create a poll on any social platform like Facebook or YouTube and ask them to share what they want you to cover in your upcoming blog post.
3. Find Next Blog Post Ideas in Comments Section
Checking out comments on your previous blog post can also give you some great blog post ideas for your next blog post.
I know that many comments would be related to that particular post or appreciation. But I am also sure there will be some comments asking you to create content on a different topic.
Heck, if you don’t even get many blog comments, then you can even look at other’s posts. And it would be even better if you take the time to answer as well.
Here’s an example –
In fact, don’t be limited to only blog posts comments, you can even look out for new blog post ideas in the comment section of YouTube videos, social media posts, and private communities as well.
Most of the time, I get new blog post ideas and create my blog posts based upon questions people ask me in the comment section of my YouTube channel, and this is truly amazing.
Because it helps you build a strong and engaging relationship with your audience. You can also do the same while looking for your next blog post idea.
4. Pay Attention to your DMs for Upcoming Blog Post Idea
Apart from keeping an eye on the comment section of social media posts, you may also look out for the most common questions people are asking you in your DMs.
If multiple people are asking you the same questions most frequently, then it’s a good sign that there is a good demand for that particular topic, and you need to answer that question in your next blog post.
I often post Instagram stories like this, where I directly ask my people if they have got any questions I can help them with.
And most of the time, people come up with questions they are looking for an answer for. Whenever I get their questions as responses, I consider that as my next blog post idea.
5. Browse Facebook Groups for Your Next Blog Post Idea
Facebook groups are one of the best ways to build a community around your blog or business. So, if you own a Facebook group, it is awesome. There will be several questions asked by members.
And if you don’t have an engaging Facebook group, there’s nothing bad in browsing other’s Facebook groups.
All you need to do is join some popular Facebook groups in your niche and keep an eye on what members are talking about.
And whenever you find something worthy to cover in your blog post, Instantly note it down somewhere for future reference to come up with new blog post ideas.
6. Find Viral Blog Post Ideas using Buzzsumo
If you are looking for blog post topics proven to get more social shares, then Buzzsumo hits the mark.
It has got a huge database of online content and its social share counts.
So, you can simply use this tool to find the web pages that generated the most social shares of a website or around a particular topic in your niche.
Just head over to Buzzsumo, and type a broad keyword or enter the URL of a popular website in your niche.
And it will come up with the most shared web pages. You may consider these web pages as a viral blog post idea, and you can create your new blog post on the same topic.
Because these topics are proven to go viral, or at least get tons of likes and shares on social media. So there is a good possibility for your blog post as well to get tons of social shares and engagement.
You don’t need to exactly copy, but it’s great to get inspiration.
It is not necessary it will also work for you, but people are certainly interested in reading that type of content, that’s why they are sharing it like crazy.
So you can certainly try that for your next blog post idea.
7. Ethically Steal Blog Post Ideas from your Competitors’ Keyword
This is one of the easiest methods to quickly find awesome blog post ideas for your next blog post. Your competitors have already done the hard work, and you can replicate it.
Check out some competitor’s blogs and look at their latest blog posts, and you will quickly end up getting plenty of good blog post ideas.
Further, you can use competitor analysis SEO tools like SEMRush to reveal all the popular keywords your competitors are ranking for.
Simply enter your competitors’ blog URL in the URL field and hit enter. You’ll get a list of all the top keywords they are ranking for.
This is a gold mine of amazing blog post ideas.
If you are looking for an idea for your next blog post, you should try this method as this will not only help you come up with new blog post ideas but also provide you with blog post ideas that get more organic search traffic and make money.
Taking it one step further, you can also make use of their keyword gap tool. Simply enter up to 3 of your competitors and find keywords that your competitors are targeting, but you aren’t.
So you can fill this gap by creating content around it, and that’s certainly a great way to get new blog post ideas for content that are missing on your blog.
I recommend you to sign up for their newsletters as well so that you get notified whenever they release a new blog post.
And remember that you will only take ideas, and create a blog post ethically. You should not exactly copy them.
8. Interview an Expert for Your Next Blog Post
It’s a straightforward idea for your next blog post. Just reach out to any expert/influencer and ask them to give an interview on your blog.
In most cases, you get a positive reply. Who doesn’t want to get featured on other blogs, right?
And it is beneficial for both of you as well, because of following reasons:
- Your readers will love and get value from it
- You get more traffic from their audience
- You can connect with other influencers in your industry
- Their authority, as well as yours, also increases.
By the way, if you would like to interview me, let’s get in touch! 🙂
9. Create Influencer Round-Up in Your Next Blog Post
Taking one step further from the previous method, you can consider creating an influencer round-up post.
In this kind of post, instead of interviewing a single expert and having a detailed talk, you will feature multiple influencers’ thoughts in brief about a particular topic.
This works in 4 Steps –
- You select a hot question or controversial topic in your niche.
- Then you reach out to multiple influencers in your niche and let them know about your round-up post and request them to share their thoughts about the topic in one or two paragraphs.
- Most of them will agree and get back to you with an answer.
- Finally, you wrap up with your own views, prepare a blog post and publish it.
- Share everywhere possible, and also request featured guest influencers to share it.
Sounds amazing, right?
Yes, it is. Because it does not only help you with a new blog post idea but also helps you gain authority, credibility, and drive a good chunk of free traffic from other’s influence.
It’s because, influencers featured in your round-up post will also share this post to their audiences (if they don’t, you may simply request them to do so). As a result, you’ll get free traffic.
In fact, it is such a great tactic to get some exposure to your blog as most new bloggers or even pro bloggers, use this tactic to get traffic from other people’s influencers.
So, no only do you get new blog ideas, but also free traffic and credibility because of influencers as they spread words about it on social media.
10. Perform Keyword Research to Find More Blog Post Ideas
There are a countless number of bloggers (especially niche site owners) who completely rely on keyword research for their next blog post topic.
They don’t hunt for good blog post topics, instead, they research good keywords and create a blog post targeting the readers who are searching for that keyword in search engines.
To be honest, when you have a business blog or authority blog, you can’t completely rely on keyword research, but it can no doubt suggest you some great content topics that fit in your content strategy.
11. Look for Blog Post Ideas within your Previous Blog Posts
This method works like a charm and also helps you to boost your topical authority. You need to take a deeper look at your previous blog posts and look for subheadings and external links.
There’s no surprise that you can’t cover every subtopic in-depth within a single blog post, so creating a particular blog post is a great idea.
Moreover, you can also check out articles that you linked out to and see if you can also cover them in a new blog post.
Sometimes you want to add something more in the blog posts, but you don’t do that, fearing that it would take your content away from the original topic and message you want to convey with your blog post.
In such a scenario, creating new content is a good idea.
Apart from interlinking and topical relevance, it also helps you to retain visitors and keep them returning to your blog.
12. Updating Your Outdated Articles will Provide New Blog Post Ideas
If your website is a little old, then I’m sure there will be some pages for sure that need to be updated.
Doing so will also boost your organic traffic and search engine rankings because of content freshness. Google and other search engines favour fresh and updated information over others that don’t have updated information.
For Example, if you have written a list of the best smartphones one year back, then it will not be accurate as of now. Because other smartphones also have launched in the market during the last few months.
And the same applies in other niches as well because as written in The Bhagavad Gita, ”Change is the only constant thing” – so things keep changing in every niche or industry.
Therefore, it’s a good idea to update your post such that it reflects the changes and remains most updated with fresh information.
Also, there will be some pages that might not be covering the topic thoroughly. So look at poor pages on websites that don’t cover topics in detail, you may simply update them to make them valuable by adding or replacing some content.
Heck, it will even result in higher CTR (Click-Through Rates) as users prefer recently published content. And as a result, higher CTR will result in higher rankings in search engine results, thus bringing you more traffic.
13. Cover an Industry Update or News in Your Latest Blog Post
You can always find some hot news or updates about your topic or in your industry. And when you find that, turn them into a new blog post if it fits in.
For instance, in the SEO space, Google introduced new algorithm updates every few weeks, and that becomes a hot update worth debating.
So, many SEO blogs cover it and express their thoughts like how it affected, how to revive lost rankings due to algorithm updates, and how to prepare your blog for it and so on.
And the best part: people love these types of posts, as they are trending topics and worth learning. So if you do something similar to that, you also get a handsome amount of traffic.
The key here is to always be updated about what’s going in your niche and industry. And that will certainly help you come up with new blog post ideas.
14. Use Google Auto-Complete to Find Blog Post Ideas Based on Popular Queries
Google itself suggests that what people are actually searching around that topic.
When you type a keyword in the search box, you see many auto-suggested keywords. If you don’t see it, simply hit backspace on your keyword once, and it’ll start auto-suggesting queries.
To use it even more efficiently, you can type alphabets before or after it and see what it shows.
For example, I write “w” before link building and here’s how it looks –
In addition, you can also make use of the “Soovle” tool to see the search suggestions from various search engines in one place.
Moreover, you can also check out keywordtool.io if you want to dig deeper.
15. Generate Blog Post Ideas using Blog Topic Generators
I usually don’t use a blog topic generator, but sometimes blog titles or idea generator tools also help you find a great idea for your next blog post.
You just need to enter any relevant keyword, and it will suggest some blog topics around it. Let’s take the example of HubSpot’s blog ideas generator.
I entered blogging and it returned me –
- Blogging: Exceptions vs reality
- Will blogging ever rule the world
- The next big thing in blogging
- Blogging explained in fewer than 140 characters (good for Twitter)
- The week’s top stories about blogging
But before you jump on to blog post idea generator tools, let me warn you, all such tools are built with codes, so even if you enter any keyword, it’ll return the exact similar suggestion which sometimes can be helpful with other times those suggestions are not worth it.
You can also use other tools like –
- Inbound New blog title idea
- Coschedule headline analyzer
- Portent content ideas Generator
These tools are especially to write headlines, but sometimes they can give you another perspective to think about a topic and cover that topic in your upcoming blog post.
Stories are the best way to connect with your readers. It can be just like your personal story to being a blogger.
Or you can also share case studies of your achievements, like how you grew your blog in a record time.
It should show them the exact things that you did from scratch. Stories are not all about success and happy endings. You can even tell about your failures or experiments.
The best part? It is a proven content format to boost audience engagement by building a strong relationship with your blog readers.
Moreover, you can even share the behind the scenes of your workflow. People love such blog posts as they can relate to it.
17. Get Blog Post Ideas Using Tools to Find Big List of Questions
Last but not the least, let me introduce a freemium tool that will find tons of most frequently asked questions about particular topics.
Head over to Answerthepublic.com, enter your broad keyword, and this tool will get to the work.
For example, I’ve entered “Keyword Research” here, and it has found many questions, comparisons and so on
You can also switch between data and visualization views (I prefer visualizations).
Pretty Cool! Isn’t it?
The good thing is you can either include some of these questions in the FAQs section of your blog post.
Or you may also get the list of all the relevant questions about a certain topic and create a monster post answering those questions and providing detailed information about the particular topic.
To be fair, I mainly use Answerthepublic to find questions to cover in blog posts.
What If You Still Can’t Find New Blog Post Ideas and Topics to Write About?
While following these steps, you can easily come up with some of the best topics to write on your blog, but going through these external sources for inspiration about the new blog post ideas can be a daunting task.
That is why I have compiled an exclusive list of 111+ blog post ideas. These are not generic blog post ideas that you’ll find anywhere on the internet. Instead, these are new blog topics exclusively for you based upon your own taste because I’m sharing the process of brainstorming original blog post ideas for your blog.
If you are having a hard time coming up with new blog post topics to write about on your blog, go through this process of brainstorming blog topic ideas, and you’ll soon become a pro in finding many topics to write about.
111+ Blog Post Ideas and Topics to Write About
Are you ready to beat the writer’s block and spark your creativity? Below is a list of some of the best blog post ideas. I have broken down this list into various categories so that you can easily find interesting topics to write about:
- Blog Post Ideas for Beginners
- Blog Topics for Students
- Useful Blog Post Ideas
- Promotional Blog Post Ideas
- Educational Blog Post Ideas
- Blog Post Ideas that Make Money
- Roundup Blog Post Ideas
- Blog Post Ideas for Personal Brand Blog
- Timely Blog Post Ideas
- Blog Post Ideas for Lifestyle Blog
- Fun Blog Post Ideas
- Controversial Blog Post Ideas
If you are looking for blog post topic ideas for a specific kind of blog, you can skip on that part. Also, be sure to bookmark this blog post, as I’ll keep updating it with new topics to write about.
Blog Post Ideas for Beginners
- What are you passionate about? Write your passion.
- Why did you start this blog? Write down your purpose behind the blog.
- Why people should listen to you? Write about yourself.
- What you already know? Write something you are an expert at.
- Who inspires you? Start an interview series with people who inspire you to blog.
- What are your blogging goals for the first month? Write a blog post to let readers know.
- Which books or blogs you love reading? Create a list post.
- What’s on your mobile or computer? Share the apps or software you frequently use and why.
As a beginner, you have to do nothing out of the box. You just have to find a rhythm in writing more often. And you can do that by writing about the kinds of stuff you love. Keep your expectations low initially and push your limits gradually.
Blog Topics for College Students
- How do you study for a tough exam? Write a blog post to help fellow students.
- How do you make money as a college student? Write a blog about it.
- What is your makeup essential for college? Write a blog about it.
- How do you study effectively? Write a blog about it.
- Do you have any tips for being successful in College? Write a blog about it.
- What are your backpack essentials for College? Write a blog about what’s in your college backpack.
- How do you stay organized as a college student? Write a blog with tips to stay organized.
- Are there any discounts running for college students? Write a blog post about it.
- How do you survive a morning class or evening class? Write a blog about it.
- Are there any apps that you would recommend every college student to use? Write.
- How do you manage money as a college student? Write a blog post about money management tips.
- How do you email your professor? Write a blog post with tips about emailing your professor.
- How do you maintain a long-distance relationship in college? Write a blog post.
As a college student, your goal is to find an idea that can be helpful for other college students. Think about problems you faced as a college student when you started going to college.
Come up with a solution in the form of a blog post, and you’ll never again think about what should I write about as a student blogger.
Useful Blog Post Ideas
- What is a problem that your blog readers are facing? Provide them a solution.
- Have you created a resource blog post? Create a resource page with the tools you use. This will help readers excel with the help of the right tools.
- Have you come across any new tool recently that you think would be beneficial for your blog readers as well? Share it in your next blog post.
- How do you be productive at work? Share your productivity tips in the next blog post.
- Have you created a series of definitive guides? Every niche has space for definitive guides. Nurture your blog readers with a series of definitive guides in your niche.
- Have you created a helpful checklist on your blog? Create a helpful checklist for your blog readers.
- How do you bring creativity to work? Share your creativity tips and ideas in the next blog post.
- Have you recently met someone belonging to the same industry you are in? Write a blog post sharing what you learned from that person.
- Do you have any life-changing tips that might be helpful for your blog readers? Create a blog post.
As a blogger, your goal should be to provide as much value as possible. Think about your blog audience, what problems they might be facing, and how your blog post can be helpful.
Create useful posts and resources that you think would be helpful for your blog readers. As you provide them value, they trust you more, and eventually, you win.
Blog Post Ideas that Make Money
- Write a product review that is actually helpful for your readers.
- Provide a discount or coupon code for a product that your blog readers care about.
- Write a comparison post about two popular products in your niche and help readers to choose the better one.
- Create an informational post that solves a particular problem using a product (it also gives a very good conversion rate). For example, a comprehensive guide to start a blog sells the web hosting on itself.
- Any upcoming sales and promotion in your space? Cover it on your blog. In fact, bloggers make a massive amount of sales in just a few days during Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
- Share a case study of how a product helped. Let’s take an example from the online marketing industry, you can show how ClickFunnels boosted your sales and conversion dramatically.
- Want to make money fast from your blog? Publish a few sponsored posts on your blog.
- Pick a great product in your niche and come up with its alternatives. Maybe its pricing is higher, so you can consider some cheaper alternatives.
- Write a product round-up blog post and mention top 10 or 5 products to accomplish something. You can check out our blog post about the 15 best keyword research tools to get an idea.
- Share all the tools that you personally use and how they help you along with the pros and cons.
When it comes to writing blog posts that generate huge revenue and business, you need to think about your audience’s problems first. And then find a product that perfectly solves it. It’s the best secret to getting significantly high conversions.
The quality of traffic is also one of the most important factors that affect conversions. Needless to say, SEO is the best option to generate laser targeted traffic, and it converts like nothing else.
Additionally, to come up with money-making blog post ideas, look at the buyer intent keywords that include words such as discount, coupon, review, vs, alternative, etc.
These users are already prepared to make a purchase and doing some research, either to get more information or to save some money. Your blog post will work as a medium and motivate them to take action.
Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
- How you keep yourself fit with the busy professional and personal schedule? Write an article explaining that.
- Talk about your hobbies in your next blog post.
- Write an article, sharing what you love to do in your free time.
- Create a compilation post. Talk about your favourite podcasts, YouTube channels, or blogs.
- Which book did you like the most? Share a summary and key points from it in your upcoming blog post.
- How does your morning or night routine look like? Share that in your next blog post.
- How do you look at this world? What is the meaning of life? Share your perspective around these types of questions in a blog post.
- Took a trip somewhere? Share some pics, experiences, and opinions about it, creating a new blog post.
- How do you stay organized and productive? Write a blog post sharing your ideas.
- Talk about your work from the home situation and how you stay productive working from home in a new blog post.
Lifestyle blog post ideas are all about sharing your personal life with readers, so they can relate, too. Apart from your professional life, your fans always want to jump into your real-world and daily life.
Controversial Blog Post Ideas
- Write a blog post busting some myths in your industry.
- Create a myth vs fact post for your next blog post.
- Write a new blog post predicting the future of your industry. For example, what do think about the future of blogging and how it will evolve?
- Share and summarize a popular debate in your industry, and also cover your opinions in your new blog post.
- Create a detailed blog post with your response to a controversial tweet in your industry. It usually happens in SEO space on john Mueller tweets.
- Share some top controversies of your niche, and write down your opinion as you next blog post.
- Give your opinion on popular debates in your niche. For example, in the YouTube marketing space, there are various opinions about does video tag matters?
- Create a blog post sharing your views about things you want to get changed in your industry. For example, in the technology industry, blogs usually create a post sharing what features they want to see in the upcoming iPhone. They call it iPhone concept post.
- Alternatively, you may also write a blog post criticizing the things that you don’t like in your industry.
- Create a response blog post to shut up haters and trolls with a clever response(only if needed, otherwise don’t give that much attention to it).
Hands down, publishing controversial posts is one of the best options to get massive eyeballs. Especially when your blog is new, it is a very clever tactic to get a lot of attention.
But be careful about writing these types of blog posts, it should not be too offensive at all. If not done in the right way, it might create a negative image of your brand.
And if done the right way, politely, controversial posts work like a wonder to get massive social media traffic. For example, predicting the future of your industry backed up by claims, stats, and facts would not create any negative feeling.
Personal Blog Post ideas
- Write a blog post sharing your favourite childhood memories? You might have a lot of funny short stories to tell.
- List down your favourite quotes in your new blog post, and explain what they mean to you, why you like them.
- Share your brand’s initial journey and your struggle time story in your next blog post.
- Write a blog post covering your biggest mistakes and failures, and How did you overcome them?
- What are some top pieces of advice would you like to share with your younger self? Write a blog post about it.
- Where do you see yourself or your brand in the foreseeable future? Create a blog post about it.
- Write a regret post. We all have some regrets, what about yours?
- What are your best habits, and how do you perform them consistently? Write a blog post about it.
- Share your favourites such as books, movies, sports, teams, songs, etc. in your upcoming blog post.
- Discuss your short or long-term goals in a new blog post.
Writing personal blog posts is a great way to connect with your readers. To brainstorm dozens of personal blog post topics, look at yourself closer, and think about the things worth sharing.
Round-up Blog Post Ideas
- Reach out to multiple experts in your niche to predict the future of your industry. Write a blog post about this.
- You can invite multiple experts to share their thoughts/tips about a specific popular question in your niche.
- Interview an industry expert on your blog, and create a dedicated blog post featuring that expert.
- What are some great blog posts you published? Create “the best of” your blog. (Works better when you’ve published dozens of blog posts already).
- Write a blog post recommending the best influencers to follow in your industry.
- Compile some great quotes in a blog post around a specific topic, and write a compilation blog post.
- Create a list of the best blog posts in your niche. And write the best of bests blog post.
- Write a series of blog posts on a topic and cover it in a very comprehensive way.
- Compile some interesting statistics and facts about your niche, and write a blog post about that.
- Create a round-up of tweets on one particular topic along with your own thoughts. And write a tweet thread blog post.
There’s no surprise that writing round-up blog posts is a clever idea to get more exposure in the initial days. Why?
Because influencers who you feature or mention also share your post to their followers and audiences. It helps you get a huge amount of social traffic for free.
Timely Blog Post Ideas
- Create a blog post that covers the latest industry news or update.
- Talk about your blogging milestone such first 100 or 1000 email subscribers and share that in your blog post.
- Write a blog post to celebrate an anniversary. It can be your wedding day, blog launch day, or any other important initiative you took.
- Attended a conference? Write down your experience and highlights in the form of a blog post.
- What’s going on in the world at that time? Look at the current events. These events can be controversial sometimes. Write a blog post sharing your views and opinions about that.
- Is there any special thing coming into your life? If yes, consider writing about it.
- Is it your favourite festival? Talk about it and share some of your celebration memories in the form of a blog post.
- Did you recently watch a good film? Write about it and explain what made you like it?
- Here’s a thing: Most social media such as LinkedIn & Twitter have a word limit and users also prefer short posts. Is there something that deserves a more detailed explanation? Dig deeper in form of a blog post.
- Survey your audience on a subjective topic through social media polls, emails, etc. and share the results on your blog with your own commentary.
Timely blog posts spike your blog traffic instantly but usually, it lasts only for a few days. Look at what’s happening right now to come up with plenty of timely blog post ideas.
You might check out Google Trends, Twitter trending tab, and other similar tools to make your job much easier.
Fun Blog Post Ideas
- Write a blog post announce something weird and let them know it was a prank. I see many blogger playing such pranks on April Fool day.
- Write a post sharing some funny behind-the-scenes moment
- Share some of your stupid mistakes in your next blog post.
- Start a fun challenge and ask your audience to participate.
- Crack some jokes within your blog posts to make it super engaging.
- Come up with some funny industry-related jokes and make a post about it.
- Give a glimpse into doing fun at the office. This should be fun and like a post that adds personal touch and build a strong relationship with your audience.
- Round-up some of the funniest relevant memes.
- Find a deep picture and explain it in 1000 words. “A picture is worth 1000 words worth” makes this popular quote happen.
- Make your own funny conspiracy theory about an event or people. (Not to be serious.)
These fun blog post ideas are especially supposed to entertain your readers. You don’t have to always come up with an informational or promotional blog post. In fact, it’s a good idea to mix some fun in your blog.
It is true that in some niches, it is hard to mix fun but using some creativity, you can come up with fun blog post ideas in almost every niche.
Educational Blog Post Ideas
- Write a detailed guide explaining how one can be an expert in your industry e.g. – How to become a digital marketing expert?
- Write a case study about how you accomplished something. Be transparent and show how they can do the same.
- Create a “definitive” guide and cover everything that falls under that umbrella like this ultimate guide to email marketing.
- Create an “advanced” guide targeting the users who already have good knowledge of the subject.
- Write a blog post sharing the common mistakes that beginners make in your industry.
- Create a blog post sharing the things that you wish you knew when you started.
- Compile the frequently asked questions in your niche and answer them into a FAQs blog post.
- Write your own best tips to be successful in your industry.
- Write a “step-by-step” guide to accomplish a task like this step-by-step guide to affiliate marketing.
- Pick an error and write a tutorial blog post showing how to fix it.
Unlike news or timely blog posts, educational blog posts bring in consistent traffic in the long term. These types of blog posts teach your readers and attract them to the top of the funnel.
Additionally, writing educational blog posts helps you build expertise and authority. It helps you to win the trust and turn random visitors into regular readers.
How to Never Run Out of Blog Post Topics to Write About?
To come up with a huge list of topics to write on your blog, all you need to do is:
- Do your research and find blog post ideas using the proven methods I mentioned above.
- Ask yourself the questions mentioned above
- Come up with your answer, the answer may vary depending upon the blogging niche you are in
- As you come up with an answer to each question, write down those answer because each answer itself is an idea
Do this for the next 30-40 minutes and within less than an hour, you’ll have at least 100 new blog post ideas and topics to blog about. And you’ll never have to worry about “What topics should I write about?“.
And the best part about this exercise is that you’ll never run out of blog post ideas. Whenever you are stuck in finding new blog topic ideas, do this again, and you’ll easily be able to come up with a list of interesting topics to write about on your blog.
This is how you can brainstorm blog post ideas and come up with topics to write about. However, if you can’t brainstorm ideas or just want to save your time, then check out Bite-Size Content Vault for Digital Creators.
Here you’ll not only get hundreds of blog post ideas, but also pre-written content prompts and ideas for posting bite-sized (micro) content on social media. Also, it has got various tutorials and training videos showing you how to quickly create content in a few minutes.
It’s a huge time-saver, and it’ll make you even more productive. So you should definitely check this out.
Conclusion for Choosing Blog Topics to Write About
By using these tried and tested methods to find blog post ideas, you will not face any problem in quickly coming up with new blog post ideas. Also, here’s a little bonus productivity hack: Do blog topic research in bulk.
For example, research the entire one or two months of blog post ideas in bulk and add them to your content calendar.
Doing so will not only help you save your time but also make you more productive as when you are set to write blog posts, then you can just open and start writing without wasting much time in coming up with an idea for what should you write about.
So there you have it! Now, you have got a massive list of awesome blog post ideas and also the strategy to find blog post ideas and never run out of topic to write about.
Now, put these ideas to the work and consistently publish valuable and entertaining posts that will lead to more traffic, leads, and sales.
And if you have some great blog post topics in mind or if you have got any questions, please feel free to drop them in the comment section. I’ll be happy to address your issues.